Addaction - Web chat
Free, confidential information, support and advice for anyone about their own, or someone else’s, drug or alcohol use.
Whether you need information for yourself or advice to support a friend or relative our webchat service is here for everyone.
Webchat festive opening hours
- 24th December 2018 11am - 4pm
- 25th December 2018 Closed
- 26th December 2018 to 6th January 2019 11am - 4pm
Who uses web chat?
The answer is everyone.
- Parents, and lots of them worried about their kids
- People in work with cocaine problems
- People worried they were drinking too much
- Professionals looking to see how to refer clients
- And many others
No two people are the same, but there’s a common need out there for objective, warm, non-judgemental advice from a trained professional.
- Council Area
- What areas of the city is this for?
- People from anywhere in the city
- What age groups is this for?
- Any age
- What groups of people is this for?
- People with substance misuse issues
- Social media
- How much will it cost me?
- Free. You need internet access.
- When is this service open?
- Monday - Friday: 10am-4pm, 6pm-9pm Saturday and Sunday: 11am - 4pm
- How can I access this service?
- Start a webchat by clicking on the chat button on the bottom right hand side of our website (link above). You can access webchat on your laptop or mobile.
Contact via the website