Advice on Prescription Programme
The service enables all Liverpool GPs to refer patients for assistance from Citizens Advice advisers on a range of non-medical issues including
- threats of eviction
- job loss
- complex debts
- loan sharks and pay day loan providers
- bailiff action
- fuel poverty
- welfare benefits
- problems with budgeting and understanding of credit and financial services.
Personal development programmes for women
Free 1-day courses to the women of Liverpool dealing with stress or living with a health condition/disability. Click here to find out more.
- Council Area
- What areas of the city is this for?
- People from anywhere in the city
- What age groups is this for?
- Any age
- What groups of people is this for?
- The general public
- DBS checks
- All Advisors are DBS checked
- Social media
Follow us on Twitter
Read Liverpool CCG's announcement on their website
- Can I bring someone with me?
- You are welcome to bring someone with you. If you have issues that you would like to discuss in private they can wait for you in the surgery waiting room
- What should I bring with me?
- You will be advised of any documentation that you should bring with you to your appointment
- What should I expect?
- A support worker from the Advice on Prescription Programme will contact you, take your details and a brief outline of your enquiry. An appointment will then be arranged with you at an agreed time at a Health Centre where you can see an Adviser. During the appointment the adviser will listen to you and offer you information to enable you to consider your options and to make informed choices. If you require assistance with the completion of forms this will be provided at a follow-up appointment. Referrals can also be provided to specialists and supporting services in the bureau and externally, when appropriate
- Will I have to wait to access this?
- People will usually be provided with an appointment and seen within a week
- Is translation or interpreting available?
- If information is required in other formats this should be requested and we will try to accommodate
- How much will it cost me?
- When is this service open?
- Appointment sessions held at least once a week in one of the Health Centre HUB sites
- Who can refer me to this service?
- All Liverpool CCG GP Surgeries can refer in to the service. Talk to your doctor, nurse or a health professional from the primary care team at your GP surgery about referring you
- How can I access this service?
- Via Referral. This is not a drop in service and is by appointment only. The sites are based in Health Centres across the city, in all Neighbourhoods.