Action on Postpartum Psychosis (APP)
Offers support to women with experience of postpartum psychosis (PP), their partners and family members through email and online forum.
Many women experience mild mood changes after having a baby, but postpartum psychosis is different from baby blues or postnatal depression and it is more severe.
You can chat with others who have been affected by PP. You can ask questions, share your experiences and find out more about PP. If you have information you would like to share or if you can offer advice & support to others, please sign up and get involved.
The forum is open to anyone that has been affected by PP – if you are recovering from PP, if you are a partner, family member, or friend who has been affected by PP, or even if you had PP many years ago, we look forward to chatting with you there.
It is an open forum, moderated by APP and by APP volunteers – all who have personal experience of PP. We are not health professionals or trained in counselling – we are people who have been there and can offer support from our own perspectives.
We cannot offer urgent crisis support; we’ll be here to talk as things get better. If you need urgent help, please contact:
- Your GP or mental health team
- NHS 111
- The Samaritans: 08457 909090
- Council Area
- St Helens
- What areas of the city is this for?
- People from anywhere in the city
- What age groups is this for?
- Any age
- What groups of people is this for?
- The general public
- Social media
- How much will it cost me?
- When is this service open?
- Online forum can be visited anytime.
- How can I access this service?
- To visit the online forum, go to our website and click 'Forum' on the menu bar.