Anorexia & Bulimia Care
Offers care and support to anyone affected by anorexia, bulimia, binge eating & all types of eating distress through National Helpline and Email Support, Family Service, Befriending Service, and Nutritional Support.
This care means that we spend time, often as long as an hour with our callers and enable them to keep in touch with us via the helpline. We can also ring them on a weekly basis via our befriending service. Our help is equally called upon by parents and family members all desperately trying to help the person they love overcome an eating disorder.
One to one on-going recovery support for adults (18 years and above). This service links people who are struggling with an eating disorder with someone who has recovered.
People who ask for a befriender are usually linked with someone who has a similar experience to their own. The befriending relationship operates by telephone for 6 months.
You are welcome to contact us at email@example.com
New Parent and Carer's Online Community
This online community has been created to help and support you if you have a friend or someone in your family who is battling an eating disorder. Through this platform you can share your feelings and experiences and give and gain support and encouragement from others in similar situations. You can access the Online Community through our website.
We are here to listen to you and to encourage you during this very difficult period, letting you offload some of the tension and heartache. We are here to inform you about the treatment and support options available through the NHS, providing you with guidance on how to access services, both medical and therapeutic. To speak to a member of our Parent Services, please contact us via the Family and Friends Helpline or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Council Area
- St Helens
- What areas of the city is this for?
- People from anywhere in the city
- What age groups is this for?
- Any age
- What groups of people is this for?
- People with mental health issues
- Social media
- What should I expect?
- Due to the numbers of people contacting ABC for help, we are not able to respond straight away to emails
- How much will it cost me?
- Calls to 0300 numbers are charged at local rate or included in any contracted minutes for both mobiles and landlines. On going support is availalbe to members (annual fee £36).
- When is this service open?
- Monday to Friday 9.00 am to 5.00 pm
- How can I access this service?
- You can just call or email us.