Age Concern Liverpool & Sefton: Liverpool Reconnect
Befriending and Re-ablement servicefor residents of Liverpool local authority (have a purple bin) who are aged 65+.
Befriending and Re-ablement
Our Befriending and Re-ablement officer will work with people to help them to achieve their aims which may include providing companionship, giving them the confidence to go to the shops, organise or plan their day, accompanying them to classes, activities or appointments.
Clients can access up to 6 weeks of support from one of our Befriending and Re-ablement officers and after 6 weeks can be allocated a volunteer Befriender, who will continue to visit them weekly in their home.
Alternatively clients may wish to join one of the Liverpool Reconnect groups which will meet regularly at a variety of venues across the city, giving people 65+ the opportunity to increase their independence, improve confidence and overcome loneliness.
- Council Area
- What areas of the city is this for?
- People from anywhere in the city
- What age groups is this for?
- What groups of people is this for?
- Older people
- Social media
- How much will it cost me?
- When is this service open?
- General enquiries are answered Monday - Friday 9am - 5pm
- How can I access this service?
- People can self-refer or a family member, friend or other agency can also make a referral. Once we have received a referral, you will be advised when we have a Befriending and Re-ablement Officer available to visit you at home.