Addaction - Liverpool Recovery Centres (ARC)
Drug and alcohol support service.
Addaction offer a range of free and confidential services to help reduce the harm caused by drugs and alcohol.
The service has a recovery focus and offers a range of advice and support including:
- Family support
- Recovery group work
- Specialist stimulant support
- Complementary therapies
- Blood Borne Virus support and testing (BBV)
- Needle and syringe programme and Harm Reduction Education
- Women only Groups
- Anger management courses
- Life skills groups
- Mutual Aid Partnership (MAP) meetings
- Alcohol service
- People with hepatitis C - HEPCATT scheme pairs patients with ‘Buddies’ who accompany them to appointments and share their own personal experiences of the virus.
We can cater to people in full time employment or unable to work and offer three late night openings to fit around your work patterns.
We also offer an outreach service in hostels, doctor’s surgeries, hospitals and homeless services to help individuals to access services smoothly and without barriers.
Women’s only Support Group (drugs & alcohol) in Croxteth
- When: Thursday 10am – 12pm
- Where: The Good Shepard Church, Lower House Lane, L11 2SF
A friendly group, you can just walk in.
Activities in June 2018
See the timetable at the bottom of this page.
Monday 4th and Tuesday 5th June 10:00—4.00pm at Mildmay Training Suite, Blackburne Place Liverpool. This two day programme is suitable for anyone whose anger is impulsive and not for those who use instrumental violence. The course is not suitable for those whose anger is planned. For more information contact Paula McDowell.
For those of you struggling with COPD or would like more information. We are starting a new COPD peer to peer support group to be led by Terry Pugh from Tuesday 5th June 2018 1.00 –2.30pm. Terry is available on most days at Croxteth.
Do you want to gain an accredited qualification and improve your CV? Then why not sign up to do a fully funded Level 2 accredited NCFE course. We have a sign up day on Wednesday 20th June at 12.30a.m at Croxteth. For more information contact our trainer Paula McDowell on 0151 546 1141.
Our very popular literacy skills group returns on Wednesday 18th June 2.00pm to 4.00pm. Please contact Carly Mchale for more information.
All of our usual groups are running this month at Central Arc including making changes group every Tuesday and Fridays—if you want to join any groups please let your keyworker know.
- Council Area
- What areas of the city is this for?
- People from anywhere in the city
- What age groups is this for?
- Anyone 18 or over
- What groups of people is this for?
- People with substance misuse issues
- Social media
- What should I expect?
- Once you have accessed our service you will be given a comprehensive assessment which will take around 45 minutes. Once completed you will be allocated a keyworker who will support you through your recovery journey
- How much will it cost me?
- When is this service open?
- Addaction Gateaway in city centre is open Mon and Wed - Fri 9:00-17:00, and Tue 09:00-19:00. Addaction Croxteth is open Mon, Thu & Fri 9:00-17:00, Tue 9:00-20:00 and Wed 9:00-19:00. Speke is open Mon - Fri 9:00-17:00.
- Who can refer me to this service?
- We are happy for you to refer yourself or be referred by another service or professional. You can contact us either by phone or dropping by in person
- How can I access this service?
- Via referral
4 Roscoe Street
- 0151 706 7888