Aintree University Hospital - Accident & Emergency (A & E)
Provides urgent treatment for serious and life threatening conditions.
The A&E service is a 24-hour, seven day a week walk-in service.
This means you do not need to book an appointment. A comprehensive emergency service is provided including on-site senior accident and emergency staff, triage, nurse practitioners, trauma team, CT scanning, cardiac arrest team, decontamination facilities and specialist opinion from all major specialties.
Alternatives to Accident and Emergency Services (A&E)
In some circumstances Accident and Emergency (A&E) may not be the most appropriate place to receive treatment. If you become unwell make sure you choose the right healthcare service to receive treatment.
With the right advice and information plus a well stocked medicine cabinet lots of minor ailments can be treated or prevented effectively.
NHS 111 - for non-emergencies
You can call 111 when you need medical help fast but it’s not a 999 emergency. NHS 111 is a fast and easy way to get the right help, whatever the time.
NHS 111 is available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. Calls are free from landlines and mobile phones.
- Council Area
- What areas of the city is this for?
- People from anywhere in the city
- What age groups is this for?
- Any age
- What groups of people is this for?
- The general public
- Social media
- Follow us on Twitter
- How to get there
- Travelling by bus: The following bus routes travel close to the hospital with stops in Lower Lane and Longmoor Lane: 17, 20, 62, 102, 122, 159, 209 and 218. The 102, 122 and 159 buses travel into the hospital grounds. Travelling by train: Rail users can travel to nearby Fazakerley railway station which has regular service connections with central Liverpool and Kirkby stations. The station is on the opposite side of the road from the Longmoor lane entrance to the hospital grounds. It is approximately a 15 minute walk to the Main Entrance / Outpatients Area.
- Disabled access
- How much will it cost me?
- When is this service open?
- The A&E service is a 24-hour, seven day a week walk-in service.
- How can I access this service?
- Go to reception
- 0151 525 5980